COVID-19 vaccine mandate: Top 10 airSlate workflows for vaccination status check for businesses
What is a vaccine mandate? Сan a business ask for proof of vaccination? How to conduct employee vaccination status checks? These are just some of the questions popping up after the release of the COVID-19 Action Plan. The Plan increases healthcare incentives and requirements for companies to get their employees vaccinated while also deploying more testing, masking, and other measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
At airSlate, we understand how important it is for healthcare organizations and businesses of all shapes and sizes to find working solutions for the new federal vaccination and testing guidelines.
In this blog, we’ll share the top 10 airSlate Flow Templates for vaccination status checks developed to help organizations confirm an employee’s vaccination status, collect test results, and screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
What is a vaccine mandate?
In a very general sense, a vaccine mandate is a rule that requires individuals to get vaccinated to be able to work, travel, and maintain social life. In case an individual chooses to opt-out of vaccination, businesses, schools, and other organizations can legally stop them from entering the premises or using specific services if they choose to.
Is it legal to ask for proof of vaccination?
The right of the government to impose vaccine mandates was established in 1905 when the Supreme Court ruled that Cambridge, Massachusetts, could require mandatory vaccinations against smallpox.
The President of the United States has the power to require organizations to maintain safe workplaces through vaccination backed by the government’s constitutional power to regulate commerce and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) authority to issue emergency standards.
The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration is now working to create a rule to enforce mandatory vaccinations or weekly COVID-19 testing for organizations with over 100 employees. OSHA will also enforce a rule that requires these organizations to provide a paid leave for the time it takes employees to get vaccinated and recover from any symptoms.
What are the penalties for vaccine mandate violation?
Employees who fail to comply with the new mandates could face a range of consequences, including termination. Companies could face a $13,600 penalty per violation of the OSHA rule, though the new rules could take some time to implement and enforce.
Who will the COVID-19 Plan apply to:
- Organizations with 100 or more staff will be required to have their employees either fully vaccinated or tested for COVID-19 on a weekly basis. The latter will mainly concern workers citing religious or health reasons for not getting vaccinated.
- Employees that work for the federal government or healthcare organizations, and/or are federal contractors.
- The Department of Health and Human Services will require vaccinations in Head Start Programs as well as schools run by the Department of Defense and the Bureau of Indian Education.
- Healthcare workers that receive Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements, including hospitals and home health agencies.
- Individuals applying to become lawful permanent U.S. residents must be fully vaccinated, according to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
How employers can make the process of vaccination status verification smooth and compliant
At the moment, employers are considering possible tools and workflows to determine the status of an employee’s vaccination in a way that complies with their state’s laws and adheres to HIPAA regulatory standards. It is crucial to make the vaccination status verification process as smooth, convenient, legally compliant, and error-free as possible. And this is exactly what airSlate Flow Templates for COVID does.
Here’s why employers use airSlate for their vaccination and testing needs:
- All-in-one platform: Confirm vaccination status, collect vaccination consent, eSign pre-vaccination checklists, and check COVID-19 test results within a single platform.
- Quick setup: airSlate’s ready-made Flow Templates for vaccination checks are extremely easy to set up — just install and configure no-code Bots to start collecting the information you need right away.
- Industry-leading compliance: airSlate’s COVID workflows are HIPAA compliant, so you can rest assured your employees’ medical records are safe.
Top 10 airSlate Flow Templates for vaccination status checks
1. Employee Vaccination Status Flow Template
In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak at the workplace, employers that track the status of employee vaccinations will be able to identify and isolate employees that either haven’t been vaccinated or are at a higher risk of contracting the virus. The Employee Vaccination Status Flow Template allows employers to collect information about an employee’s vaccination status (fully, partially, or not vaccinated), vaccine name and manufacturer, inoculation dates, and more.
2. Request to Visit Office During COVID-19 Flow Template
Providing a safe workplace and promoting business continuity is crucial during a pandemic. By using the Request to Visit Office During COVID-19 Flow Template, employers can mitigate the risks of virus transmission within the workplace. With this flow template, you can track the number of employees visiting the office within a specific period of time, as well as screen employees for COVID-19 symptoms.
3. COVID-19 Questionnaire Flow Template
Conducting a simple screening questionnaire can help employers prevent the spread of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Questionnaire Flow Template contains a number of questions that allow for assessing the risks of COVID-19 transmission from employees that traveled abroad or had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 30 days.
4. Vaccine Administration Record for Adults Flow Template
When it comes to routine vaccinations, keeping medical records in one place becomes a necessity. The Vaccine Administration Record for Adults Flow Template can help medical organizations administer and track routine and COVID-19 vaccinations. On the other hand, individuals can use these medical records to present proof of vaccination upon request by their employers.
5. COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Record Flow Template
Employers can take a set of actions in support of the COVID-19-vaccine adoption among employees. Using the COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Record Flow Template can help administer vaccines to unvaccinated employees, discover health limitations via the medical history questionnaire, and collect vaccination consent via the COVID-19 vaccine consent form.
6. Pre-vaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines Flow Template
Employers that mandate employees to get vaccinated will likely partner with a healthcare provider or other authorized entity to administer the vaccine. However, they may still be concerned about the potential legal liability in the event an employee has an allergic reaction. The Pre-vaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines Flow Template allows employers to determine if there is any reason an employee should not get the COVID-19 vaccine due to health issues.
7. Consent for COVID-19 Vaccination Flow Template
The Consent for COVID-19 Vaccination Flow Template is a detailed questionnaire that can be used by employers, vaccine providers, and healthcare organizations that administer a COVID-19 vaccine to get vaccination consent. The form contains detailed instructions for vaccinated individuals on how to behave in case of side effects after the vaccination.
8. COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Flow Template
The COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Flow Template is an alternative form that can be used by employers to collect vaccination consent from employees in the workplace. Using this flow template, employers can screen their employees for vaccination eligibility, as well as manage any liability issues.
9. Notification of Vaccination Letter Flow Template
The Notification of Vaccination Letter Flow Template can be used by vaccine providers to inform a patient’s primary care facility of the vaccine(s) administered. This flow template can also serve as proof of vaccination to provide to employers upon request.
10. COVID-19 Self-Reporting Flow Template
The COVID-19 Self-Reporting Flow Template is a short form for self-check that can be used by employees to assess the current state of their health and as a reason to work remotely or take a leave of absence to their employer.
Get prepared for new federal vaccination and testing guidelines with airSlate
Businesses and healthcare organizations of all shapes and sizes will need to prepare their policies to confront the newest COVID-19 surge driven by the spread of the delta variant. Adopting workflow automation in healthcare and airSlate Flow Templates for COVID-19 may help in finding working solutions for the new federal vaccination and testing guidelines.
- What is a vaccine mandate?
- Is it legal to ask for proof of vaccination?
- What are the penalties for vaccine mandate violation?
- Who will the COVID-19 Plan apply to:
- How employers can make the process of vaccination status verification smooth and compliant
- Top 10 airSlate Flow Templates for vaccination status checks